El Dorado County CCWProtect Yourself With Our DefenseSHOT Concealed Weapons Permit Class For El Dorado County Residents! Book CCW Class
Introduction To Our El Dorado County CCW Class
Are you thinking about learning how to get a CCW Permit to protect yourself and your family? If you are looking to protect yourself and your family, getting a CCW (Concealed Carry Weapons) permit is the best form of immediate, personal protection available. But you have to get the proper training and develop a special set of skills to be able to carry a concealed firearm the “right way.” That’s why I’m here!
Let me guide you through the DefenseSHOT official CCW Permitting Course for El Dorado County! My course will certify you for an official California CCW license, valid throughout the state of California. Given the current state of affairs, both locally and nationally, this is one of the most opportune times for El Dorado County residents to obtain a CCW permit.
About Our El Dorado County CCW Course
My El Dorado County Sheriff’s Department Certified, 8-hour course has been designed for El Dorado County residents to obtain your California CCW permit. I will cover everything that you need to know for carrying and shooting a concealed firearm with confidence. And I guarantee you we will have FUN doing it! I will train anybody, who meets the basic requirements for firearm ownership, to shoot a firearm effectively.
Women, men, new shooters, experienced shooters will all leave my CCW permit course with a better understanding of the skills, responsibilities, and legal knowledge necessary to carry a concealed firearm.
So at this point, you might be asking yourself, “What exactly is this course about? What am I going to learn?”
While I am fully versed in the instruction manuals and NRA standard guidelines, I choose to implement a training model that is exclusive to the individual student and class. I do not simply repeat what is in the official course content and read out of a book.
I will address individual needs and customize how I approach the learning experience on a case by case basis. You will also have the option – at no additional cost- to train at our DefenseSHOT shooting range secluded in beautiful El Dorado County only minutes from our classroom. This is where a majority of my students, who were relatively new to general firearms ( including many who have never having shot before), have experienced a stress-less day of exciting and enjoyable learning in our beginner handgun class. Which is designed to take someone who has never touched a gun before and get them confident and ready for our CCW class in one easy step!
When You Leave Our Concealed Carry Permit Course, You Will:
- Have a full understanding of firearms management, care, and use.
- Have an extensive understanding of concealed carry weapons laws (Local, State, & Federal).
- Be proficient and comfortable in the physical operation aspects of your firearm.
- Be CCW training certified in California for El Dorado County residents.
- Have extensive knowledge and a better understanding of concealed carry tactics, and self-defense.
- Know how to read your surroundings the way law enforcement read our surroundings which not only gives you the tactical edge, it often allows you to get out of trouble before it starts.
How We Can Help You Get Your Weapons Permit
I love to teach people! And my experience, in my law enforcement career, being a licensed driving instructor training everyone from kids on the freeway to people on the racetrack and even officers training at the CHP emergency vehicles operation course facility. Along with many thousands of hours of law enforcement training and as a youth pastor, have helped me to design a learning environment that is FUN, efficient, and memorable! With thousands and thousands of successful CCW students to my credit, I can guarantee that you will be MORE than satisfied with my course!
When you sit in our class you are in a group of students that include superior court judges, not peace officer staff and administrators from surrounding law enforcement and government agencies, top attorneys, retired officers and their families as well as an extensive and diverse group including everyone from college students to retirees.There is a reason that DefenseSHOT attracts so many professionals with ties to law along with our general crowd. It’s because you are choosing the best CCW training available and referrals by professionals from judges to officers know it. I make learning top notch training and knowledge easy, fun and stress-free.
Book a CCW class with me, and we will have a fun and exciting day at our beautiful classroom and private, El Dorado County DefenseSHOT shooting facility. This one day experience with me will set you up with the skills and assurance you need to protect yourself and your family for a lifetime.
Book Your CCW Class With DefenseSHOT Today!
I know that for many new to the Conceal Carry Firearms Community, there is a lot of room for uncertainty and confusion. Especially when it comes to understanding the laws and regulations of firearms, not to mention the tactics, skills, and operations necessary to handle a firearm well. That’s one of the many reasons why I do this. I want to level the playing field for responsible citizens like you and help you protect yourself and your family.
If you prepare yourself by taking my El Dorado Conceal Carry Permit course, you will lay a foundation for a more safe, secure and confident future for yourself, your family and our community.
Click the button below to book a class. Call us at (530) 206-6377 or contact us if you have any questions!!
Helpful CCW Tips & Resources
Click On The Tabs Below To Read
CCW Application Instructions & Link
Below is a link that will take you to the El Dorado County CCW application. We will also discuss the application in class, but BEFORE YOU FILL IT OUT be sure to read these quick tips:
- The application will ask what reason you want to have a CCW and it looks like they want an essay. Simple write in there two words: ”Self Defense”. I know it says on the application they want more than that, but it’s not the case. Our Sheriff is very pro CCW and he prefers to keep it simple.
- Be honest. If you stole a pack of bubble gum when you were a kid or you were in a scuffle and the cops showed up, even though you think it’s not on your record it probably is. If you have ever been in handcuffs, mention it. If you mention it you’ll be fine, if you fail to mention it, that could cause a problem. They aren’t going to deny you a CCW over a speeding ticket unless you were going 100 mph through a school zone backwards or something. Keep in mind they are looking for patterns of violence or recklessness. Even in those cases severity of the case and how long ago it happened are taken into account. Feel free to contact me privately if you like if you have a specific concern about your history. I’ll be happy to help.
- If you have had tickets in the past five years, mention them. You don’t have to dig them up and give the exact date. You could write something like, “I had a ticket in approximately 2015 in the Bay Area”. That would be fine. A ticket doesn’t mean you’re a bad person. It means you drive a car. Don’t be nervous about mentioning it.
- When you turn in the application – either before or after our class – you’ll want to call the nice people at the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office at (530) 621-5655 and make an appointment to drop off your application in person. You’ll take the application along with all the instructions that came with it and hand it in. You’ll be there for about 10 minutes while they take your picture (remember to smile) and roll your prints. They will also go over your application with you – reading back what you wrote down. hen you will have you sign it.
After a few months, the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office will call you back in for a quick oral interview. There’s nothing to be anxious about. By that time you will have taken our DefenseSHOT CCW class. This will make your interview easy because you will have the best training and you’ll know what you are talking about. Keep in mind, in all the years we have been doing this we have never had a student denied.
CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO FILL OUT YOUR EL DORADO COUNTY CCW APPLICATION FORM
Meet John, Your Lead Instructor
I can understand if you need more details before committing yourself to my course. So you want to know who I am and what I “bring to the party”? Well, here I am in a nutshell.
My name is John. I have 17+ years of experience in law enforcement; I have also been a youth pastor at two churches, a licensed driving instructor, as well as many years of training in both marshal and material arts. Specific to firearms, I have the following certifications:
- National Rifle Association
- Certified Firearms Instructor
- Firing Range Safety Officer
- California Dept. of Justice Firearms Instructor
- Bureau of Criminal Investigations Instructor
- Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) Instructor for California, Nevada & 35 other states
While these Certifications – many required by law- are extensive, what really sets me apart from the “other instructors” is my life experience. I didn’t just go out and get the basic, entry-level instructor certifications. I have many years of teaching experience and a God given gift to teach others, along with vast amounts of both professional law enforcement and personal experience in the use of force for the defense of self and others.
When you take my CCW course or any of the wide variety of firearms courses I offer, I approach each student as a unique person with unique requirements. My style of training is centered on patience, and understanding that everyone is not the same. The simple going through the motions and “checking the boxes” that qualify you for a CCW permit, is not good enough. If someone were not progressing well in class, I would see that as an indictment of me, not my student. The “checking the boxes” approach is not what I do.
When you work with me, I want you to get an A+, and more importantly, I want you to enjoy and retain the information in my course. This is why I regularly receive feedback from students who can’t believe how much they have learned so quickly. I also have a zero stress teaching philosophy. I know that you will learn more, retain more, and enjoy the class more when you don’t feel there is the stress of a tricky test hanging over your head. There is a test, but because our training is so good you can be confident that you will pass with flying colors. Over the years, none of our students have ever had a problem passing it. I understand that the threat of a difficult test is not an indication of good training and often, actually inhibits learning. This is why my classes are stress-free and entertaining.
Book my course, and you will experience a training method that is fun, with no stress and produces impressive effective results.
What To Expect (Classroom)
Expect to learn a new perspective of what firearms and concealed carry responsibilities are all about! Expect to have a good time and share a great experience with the other people in your class!
It doesn’t matter what your experience is with firearms is either. My teaching methods have positioned students with shooting proficiency that is beyond the skill level of many law enforcement officers after only one day of training in our Defense Shooting and Advanced Defense Shooting Classes.
I have even used my methods to assist active law enforcement officers to surpass firearms qualifying requirements they were struggling with.
The classroom is pretty informal, but it is a classroom setting (before going to the firing range). You will be able to get up and walk to the back of the class to stretch and move around. The chairs are padded, you’ll be seated in rows of tables in our beautiful classroom. We will take about a 10-minute break every hour or so during classroom training.
At the beginning of the course, I will give the location and directions to the DefenseSHOT firing range.
What To Expect (Firing Range)
- SAFETY FIRST!
- OBEY ALL THE RULES!
I can NEVER emphasize this enough! Before we leave the classroom, I will give a brief introduction to range safety, and the voice commands you need to know and follow for the firing range portion of the course. When we get to the firing range, I will repeat a more detailed, “Walkthrough” training for voice commands, an introduction to range safety, and the “Rules of the Range” that we briefly discussed in the classroom.
After we finish with range safety and walkthrough, we will:
- Live Fire qualifying rounds with your firearm in preparation for certification.
- Live Fire for official CCW Certification.
Bring The Following
- Comfortable “outdoor” clothes (weather appropriate) IF you intend to shoot with me after the mandatory classroom portion of the training. Shooting is optional and not required to get your CCW, but I do recommend it which is why I offer that training at no extra cost. There is no shooting test.
- Crew neck shirts are best, so you can avoid the experience of having the “hot brass” of spent cases cascading down the inside of your shirt.
- Pants or shorts.
- A baseball cap is recommended.
- Comfortable shoes: athletic shoes or hiking boots. No open toe sandals, please.
- Bottle water/soft drinks with snacks/lunch. (We are going to be together for 8 hours).
- Bring a piece of paper and a pen notes.( you’ll find you don’t need to take many notes due to my teaching style. You’ll find you just suddenly “ own” the information)
- If you intend to shoot, Bring safety glasses and hearing protection for the range. (Sunglasses and Rx glasses are fine if they have a safety rating). We do have eye and ear protection available if needed.
- If you intend to shoot, Bring at least 50 rounds of ammunition for your personal handgun. Handguns are also available if needed.
Firearm Transportation Rules & Laws
IMPORTANT: When traveling with a personal firearm to the classroom location, and to the firing range…
- Feel free to bring your UNLOADED firearm into the classroom in a hard or soft locked container.
- Please leave all ammunition in your car during classroom training.
In accordance with California State law:
“Pursuant to California Penal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited from firearm possession,.. in California, may transport by motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container. Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container.”
To recap that: while traveling in your vehicle – to class for instance- your gun must be unloaded, and in a locked container. The ammunition cannot be in the container with the gun, or near the container. The ammunition should be near the opposite end of the vehicle from the gun container if possible. The law does not state what kind of container except that you can’t use the glove box or console as the “locked container” for your gun. I will not be checking for this, this is just to make sure you are in compliance in case you get pulled over.
Once you get your CCW you will be able to carry guns listed on your CCW loaded and placed anywhere in the vehicle provided it is out of sight and under your control.
Classroom & Firing Range Locations
New CCW applicants must attend BOTH classroom and firing range instruction.
Classroom Location – The class is located at 4667 Golden Foothill Pkwy in El Dorado Hills, CA It is near the intersection of Latrobe Rd & White Rock Rd. Click here to get directions.
Firing Range Location – The firing range location is a secret off-site location that will be revealed to you via email on signup and in the classroom during the class. Our private shooting facility range is a secret off-site location only minutes away that will be revealed to you via email on signup and in the classroom during the class.